Social Worker (MSW, RSW)
The London Family Health Team is currently seeking a skilled Social Worker .65 FTE (26 hours per week) interested in working in a positive, innovative, team based primary care setting. As a key member of the team, you will provide mental health counselling to patients and their families including assistance navigating community resources. Your primary role is to work in partnership with the social work team and the FHT to perform patient assessments, provide short term counselling, education and advocacy.
Consider this position if you:
- Hold a Masters of Social Work degree
- Have at least 4 + years clinical experience
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
- CBT and DBT background/training
- Trauma or trauma informed experience
- Experience assisting patients with anxiety, depression, grief, relationship concerns, emotional eating, chronic pain and cognitive impairment
- Program development experience; familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
- Thorough understanding of community mental health and addictions resources and how to navigate local support networks.
- Proficiency in the use of an EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please forward a letter of interest and your resume by Friday July 19 2019 to:
Jayne Graham, Executive Director
London Family Health Team
1261 Beaverbrook Avenue
London, ON N6H 0G6
Director- London Family Health Team Board of Directors
The London FHT is a non-profit Corporation funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health. It is governed by a board of directors comprised of individuals who are both providers (physicians) and non-providers (community). The Board of Directors oversees the governance and strategic direction of the FHT. The board provides feedback and support in all areas of the organization including but not limited to, governance, financial stability, strategic planning, risk management and human resource compliance, while ensuring a safe, welcoming and positive organizational culture.
The London FHT is currently seeking community members with the following skills sets in particular:
- Human resources
For more information, please forward a letter of interest and your resume to:
Dr. Silvia Orsini, Chair London Family Health Team
1261 Beaverbrook Avenue London, ON N6H 0G6