Social Worker-Adolescents (BSW or MSW)
The London Family Health Team is currently seeking a .8 FTE Social Worker for 32 hours per week. As a key member of the team, you will provide mental health counselling to adolescents between the ages of 12 to 19, in conjunction with their families, as well as young adults between the ages of 20 to 30 years of age. Your primary role is to work in partnership with the social work team and the FHT to perform patient assessments, provide short term counselling, education and advocacy.
- Current registration and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree (BSW) or MSW
- 4+ years of clinical experience, primary care setting an asset
- Experience working with adolescents and young adults
- Trauma training an asset
- CBT and DBT background/training
- Program development experience; familiarity with outcome measurement related to clinical practice, ability to measure and evaluate practice change outcomes
- Comprehensive knowledge and ability to mobilize community resources
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
- Proficiency in the use of an EMR, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to own method of reliable transportation
If interested, please forward a letter of interest and your resume by Thursday December 12, 2019 to:
Jayne Graham, Executive Director
London Family Health Team
1261 Beaverbrook Avenue
London, ON N6H 0G6
The London Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men and women, aboriginal peoples, member of visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.