Respiratory Therapist (0.6 FTE – 24 hours per week)
The London Family Health Team (LFHT) offers high quality primary health care for its patients in London Ontario. An interprofessional group of health care practitioners, including family physicians, provide health care in an integrated, respectful, and holistic environment. The focus of the family health team is on chronic disease management and prevention, as well as health education and promotion. By working collaboratively, the team provides a broad spectrum of primary health car services to its patients to ensure they get the care they need when they need it.
The London Family Health Team is seeking a part time Respiratory Therapist (24 hours per week or 0.6 FTE) to work collaboratively with all members of our multidisciplinary team. Your office will be located at our Beaverbrook site in North London and supports family physicians at all three sites (Beaverbrook, Medway and Stoney Creek). The Respiratory Therapist provides client-centred, goal-oriented assessment, screening, teaching and treatment planning to patients requiring assistance managing their lung diseases such as COPD, Asthma, and other lung related diseases.
The role reports to the Executive Director administratively and the Lead Physician clinically.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct regular Spirometry in accordance with CTS guidelines
- Provide lung health education to support patient’s self-management of their chronic lung disease
- Participate in the Best Care COPD initiative working in partnership with ARGI and Ontario Health Teams
- Work in collaboration with the Pharmacist to provide smoking cessation
- Conduct patient home visits when appropriate
- Travel to all LFHT sites to provide in person appointments to patients as appropriate
- Record and document all care provided in the electronic medical record
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of patient, employee, and corporate information
- Current registration and in good standing with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario
- CRE and Smoking Cessation Certification Preferred
- Two to three years of clinical experience
- Understanding and knowledge in current evidenced based methods and practices of primary care delivery with an emphasis on health promotion and preventive screening
- Proficiency in the use of a spirometer and experience and knowledge in interpreting results
- Certification to perform N95 mask fit testing or ability to obtain certification preferred
- An interest and experience in program development and group program delivery
- Experience and knowledge with an Electronic Medical Record (TELUS PS Suites an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
This Posting will close at Noon, on Friday, 2 December 2022.
The London Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men, women, aboriginal peoples, member of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe, and caring community.
If you want to be a part of the London Family Health Team,
we are interested in hearing from you.