Reception/ Clerical Admin – Casual Coverage
The London Family Health Team offers high quality primary health care for its patients in London Ontario. An interprofessional group of health care practitioners, including family physicians, provide health care in an integrated, respectful, and collaborative environment. The focus of the family health team is on chronic disease management and prevention as well as health promotion. By working together, the team provides a broad spectrum of allied health services to its patients to ensure they get the care they need when they need it. The London Family Health Team is currently seeking a highly organized and motivated individual for a casual coverage for the Receptionist/Clerical administration position. It is a role that is critical to the effective functioning of the team. The successful individual requires excellent administrative support skills, an ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and strong interpersonal skills to work with patients and allied health care professionals at the Beaverbrook Avenue site. This individual will book appointments, greet patients, conduct telephone follow up and perform a variety of other clerical tasks to support the team. Regular work hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. The casual role is intended to provide our full-time staff with coverage during scheduled and unscheduled absences (vacation and sick time). We are able to accommodate working remotely as necessary while prioritizing the task requirements mentioned above.
- Greet and check in patients (not applicable for remote work)
- Manage booking and referral process for the FHT using EMR (PS Suites)
- Schedule follow ups and send reminder emails
- Receive and distribute mail and faxes as required
- Administrative support such as drafting correspondence, meeting agendas/minutes, and other routine tasks
- Collection of data as required for statistical/reporting purposes
- Perform other duties as assigned in the interest of efficient operations of the FHT
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of a Health Care Office Assistant Program is an asset or equivalent education and work experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications: Windows, Microsoft 365 (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and work with electronic scheduling/booking system (knowledge of PS Suites is an asset)
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Proven participatory work style; ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active clinical office
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Exercises good judgement
- Medical office experience is an asset
If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to the attention of:
Amy Lee, Executive Director, London Family Health Team, 1261 Beaverbrook Ave, London, ON N6H 0G6
Please note that only those who are being considered for the role will receive a reply and invitation for the next step.
The London Family Health Team is committed to equity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our community, including men, women, aboriginal peoples, member of visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. We seek to attract and retain individuals who will work together to create and sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe, and caring community.
If you want to be a part of the London Family Health Team, we are interested in hearing from you.
"*" indicates required fields